Kesar Rasgulla is a simple and classic bengali sweet recipe prepared with milk solids and kesar strands. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Paneer Balls:
- 1½ litre milk, cow
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rava / semolina / suji
- pinch saffron food colour
- pinch cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp crushed dry fruits, cashew, pistachios, almonds
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1½ cup sugar
- 8 cup water
- 2 tbsp saffron / kesar water
How to make Kesar Rasgulla
- firstly, knead fresh paneer till it turns out smooth texture without any grains of milk.
- now add a tbsp of suji, pinch saffron food colour and pinch cardamom powder.
- knead further for 5 more minutes or until a soft dough is formed.
- pinch a small ball sized ball and flatten it.
- place ½ tsp crushed dry fruit in the centre.
- get the edges together, and make a round ball without any cracks. keep aside.
- sugar syrup recipe:
- firstly, in a deep vessel take 1½ cup of sugar.
- furthermore, add 8 cups of water and 2 tbsp saffron.
- boil the syrup for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- after that, drop the prepared paneer balls into boiling sugar syrup.
- cover and boil for 15 minutes. the paneer balls will have doubled in size.
- furthermore, keep aside till it cools completely and then refrigerate.
- finally, serve rajbhog / kesar rasgulla chilled or at room temperature garnished with few saffron strands.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright