Dilkush is a popular Indian bakery dessert snack made primarily with puff pastry / bread dough with tutti fruity and coconut mixture. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- ½ cup milk, warm
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp dry yeast
- 2 cup maida / plain flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut, desiccated
- ½ cup tutti-frutti
- 2 tbsp cherry
- 10 cashew / kaju, chopped
- 5 almonds / badam, chopped
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
How to make Dilkush
- punch the poofed dough slightly and knead for a minute.
- divide the dough into half and tuck each dough ball.
- dust the maida and roll the doughs.
- roll the dough slightly thick.
- place the rolled dough over a baking safe plate.
- spread approx. 1 cup of prepared coconut stuffing uniformly leaving the sides.
- place another rolled dough over the stuffing.
- seal the sides by pressing gently.
- keep the dough in warm place for 30 minutes, allowing to double the size.
- after 30 minutes, make a slit using a sharp knife. this helps to expand during baking.
- brush the top dough with milk to get golden brown colour while baking.
- place the pan in preheated oven and bake at 180-degree celsius for 30 minutes.
- rub a tsp of butter on top of bread to make a soft and shiny crust.
- remove immediately from pan onto a cooling rack. let it cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- finally, serve dilkush / dilpasand recipe warm or cooled completely.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright