Mawa Modak is a traditional and authentic dessert recipe made with milk solids and sugar. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 tsp ghee/ clarified butter
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp saffron milk
- 1½ cup milk powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- oil, for greasing mould
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond / badam, chopped
How to make Mawa Modak
- firstly, in a kadai heat 1 tsp ghee and add ½ cup milk.
- also, add 3 tbsp saffron milk. to prepare saffron milk, soak few threads of saffron in 3 tbsp of warm milk.
- stir well making sure everything well combined.
- now add 1½ cup milk powder
- keeping the flame on low, stir continuously.
- the mixture starts to thicken.
- after 13 minutes, the mixture starts to separate from the pan.
- keep mixing until it forms a lump. finally, instant mawa is ready.
- transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool slightly.
- now add ½ cup powdered sugar, ½ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- form a non-sticky dough by combining well.
- grease the modak mould with ghee to prevent from sticking.
- stuff the mawa mixture into the mould.
- also, place a tsp of dry fruit mixture in the centre.
- close tightly and scrape off excess mixture.
- unmould the modak gently without breaking.
- finally, garnish mawa modak with silver vark and is ready to be served.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright