Instant Malpua is basically a sweet pancake or dessert recipe prepared mainly with all purpose flour and thick sugar syrup. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk powder, full cream
- 2 tbsp rava / semolina / suji
- ½ tsp fennel / saunf, crushed
- 1 cup milk, as requried
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- oil for frying
- few dry fruits, to garnish
How to make Instant Malpua
- for preparing the malpua batter take 1 cup maida, ½ cup milk powder, 2 tbsp rava and ½ tsp crushed fennel.
- add in 1 cup milk if needed and whisk.
- whisk smoothly adding more milk as required.
- check for smooth flowing consistency thick batter.
- rest for 20 minutes, till batter turns light.
- now prepare the malpua by pouring 2-3 tbsp of batter in a ladle over hot oil.
- shallow fry in medium hot oil.
- flip over and fry both sides till the malpua gets cooked completely.
- drain off the oil and dip in sugar syrup.
- soak the malpua on both sides for 5 minutes or till it absorbs sugar syrup.
- finally, garnish instant malpua recipe with few chopped dry fruits.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright