Stuffed Capsicum is a lip smacking snack served as starters or appetiser recipe ideal for parties or for surprise guests. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- salt to taste
- ¾ tsp coriander powder / daniya powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 2 potato, boiled & mashed
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
- 1 cup paneer/ cottage cheese, crumbled
- 4 small capsicum, colour of choice
- 3 tbsp oil
- handful of mozzarella / cheddar cheese
How to make Stuffed Capsicum
- firstly, prepare the stuffing by sauting onions and ginger-garlic paste in oil.
- further add spices and salt.
- saute on low flame till the spices turn aromatic.
- additionally, add boiled potato and crumbled paneer.
- mix well till the spices are mixed well. keep aside.
- prepare the capsicum, by cutting the head and removing the seeds.
- now stuff 2 tbsp of prepared masala.
- place them on kadai with 3 tbsp oil.
- also cover with capsicum head.
- cover and simmer for 30 minutes or bake at 180 degree celsius for 40 minutes.
- cook the capsicum well or till they change in colour and also softened and shrinks little.
- now take off the head and keep aside.
- garnish with few mozzarella cheese and place the head of capsicum again.
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes or till the cheese melts completely.
- finally, serve cheesy stuffed capsicum along with rice or roti.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright