Basundi is a sweetened evaporated milk prepared by boiling the milk till it is reduced. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 litre milk, full cream
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp almonds / badam, chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- ¼ tsp saffron / kesar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
How to make Basundi
- firstly, in a large thick bottomed kadai boil 2-litre milk stirring occasionally.
- once the milk comes to a boil, add 2 tbsp chopped cashew, almonds and pistachios.
- stir well making sure milk doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- boil the milk on low flame for 30 minutes or till milk reduces.
- keep stirring in between to avoid sticking till the milk reduces to quarter.
- now add ½ cup sugar and ¼ tsp saffron and mix well.
- boil for another 5 minutes or till the milk thickens completely.
- now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- finally, serve basundi chilled or hot garnished with few dry fruits.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright