Cabbage Paratha is a perfect lunch recipe which is healthy and tasty. As other parathas it follows the same steps for the preparation. Lets have a look on it.
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- 3 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2½ cup wheat flour / atta
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- water for kneading
How to make a Cabbage Paratha
- firstly, to prepare stuffing heat 2 tsp oil and saute ½ tsp coriander seeds and ¼ tsp ajwain until they turn aromatic.
- now add 3 cup cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- add ½ tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt.
- fry until cabbage is cooked well.
- now add 2 tbsp coriander and mix well. stuffing is ready.
- to prepare the dough, in a bowl take 2½ cup wheat flour, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp oil. mix well.
- now add 1 cup water and knead a dough.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
- now grease 1 tsp oil, cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- firstly, pinch a ball sized wheat dough and dust with some wheat flour.
- further, roll it in a circle.
- place a ball sized prepared cabbage stuffing in the centre.
- take the edge and start pleating bringing to the centre.
- join the pleats together and secure tight pinching off excess dough.
- sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick.
- on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- furthermore, flip the paratha when the base is partly cooked (after a minute).
- also, brush oil / ghee and press slightly. flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
- finally, serve hot cabbage paratha with sauce, raita or pickle.
Pic Courtsey: google/images are subject to copyright