- Raw rice – 2 cup
- Boiled rice – 1 cup
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Yeast – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbs
- Lukewarm water – ¼ cups
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Soak the rice in water for about 5 hours.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water with 1 tsp of sugar.
- Grind the soaked rice to a smooth paste with enough water.
- Coarsely grind the coconut.
- Mix the ground rice , coconut , fermented yeast ,sugar ,and salt with enough water.
- Keep it aside for about 5 to 6 hours.
- When it is completely fermented make appams
Photo Courtesy : Google/ images are subject to copyright