Akki Roti is a North Karnataka delicacy served for breakfast and lunch. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup rice flour / akki hittu
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, gratted
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- salt to taste
- oil for roasting
- water as required
How to make Akki Roti
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl, combine rice flour, carrot, onion, coriander leaves, chilli, ginger, salt and cumin seeds.
- later, crumble the above mixture well. add in required water to make a soft dough.
- furthermore, add more water if required. and make smooth and soft dough.
- now take a small ball of dough and start patting over oiled aluminum foil or banana leaf.
- pat as thinly as possible. dip your hand in water so that you can spread easily and avoid from having cracks.
- make some holes between so that your roti can absorb oil and cook fast.
- grease the tava with oil and gently drop the sheet upside down over the hot griddle.
- after a minute, peal off the aluminium sheet slowly without breaking your akki roti.
- furthermore, smear some oil over the roti and cook on medium flame. flip over and cook both sides.
- finally, serve the akki roti hot with chutney of your choice.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subjected to copyright