Sabudana Tikki is a traditional pan fried snack from western india prepared from sago pearls and mashed potatoes. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- ½ sabudana / sago / tapioca
- 1 large potato, boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup peanuts / groundnuts, roasted & crushed
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- 6 tsp oil, for roasting
How to make Sabudana Tikki
- firstly, take soaked sabudana in large mixing bowl
- add in 1 large boiled and grated potato.
- also add ¼ cup crushed peanuts, 1 inch ginger, 1 chilli, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp aamchur and salt to taste.
- combine, mix and mash well with your hand.
- now prepare small flat patties.
- roast the sabudana tikki (patties) on medium hot tawa.
- spread few tsp of oil, for even roasting.
- flip over once one side turns golden brown.
- spread oil again and roast both sides to golden and crisp.
- finally, serve sabudana tikki with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright