Sabudana Papad is a thin disc-shaped snack food prepared mainly with sago or tapioca and rock salt. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup sabudana / sabakki / tapioca
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to make Sabudana Papad
- firstly, in a large bowl soak 1 cup sabudana in enough water for 3 to 4 hours or till it gets mashed up easily. depending on quality of sabudana increase or decrease the soaking time.
- after 4 hours drain off the water and transfer to a large kadai.
- add 4 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chilli paste and mix well.
- boil for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- cook till the sabudana pearls turns translucent and swells.
- turn of the flame and add pinch hing, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- mix well and cool for 10 minutes.
- cool till the mixture turns slightly thick flowing consistency.
- line a greased baking paper over the tray or use large plastic sheets and pour a tbsp of prepared sabudana mixture making a small rounds.
- sun dry them for 2 days or till it dries out completely turning translucent.
- now the sandige / sabudana papad is ready to store for atleast 6 months when stored in airtight container.
- or deep fry in hot oil over both the sides.
- keep stirring till the sabudana papad or sabakki sandige doubles in size.
- finally, serve sabudana papad / sabakki sandige as a side dish or enjoy with chai.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright