Sweet Shankarpali is basically a sweet maida biscuits or diamond shaped biscuits prepared especially during diwali festival or during holi as a munching snack. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour / refined flour
- 1 tsp rava / semolina / sooji
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- ½ tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
How to make Sweet Shankarpalli
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl dissolve ¼ cup sugar in ¼ cup water.
- add in 1 cup maida, 1 tsp rava, ¼ tsp cardamom powder, 2 tbsp ghee and ½ tsp salt.
- combine well and knead to smooth and soft dough.
- further roll it slightly thick like paratha. if you prefer this shakarpara then you can roll thinly.
- cut in diamond shape, size of your choice.
- deep fry in hot oil.
- stir occasionally keeping the flame on medium.
- fry till the sweet shankarpalli turns golden and crisp.
- finally, drain over the excess oil and serve / store sweet shankarpalli in an airtight container once cooled completely.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright