Baingan Bharta is a popular indian eggplant curry served with roti or chappatis. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For roasting Brinjal:
- 1 large brinjal / eggplant / baingan, purple coloured
- 1 tsp oil
For Baingan Bharta:
- 3 tbsp oil
- ¾ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¾-1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, adjust according to your spice level
- salt to taste
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make Baingan Bharta
Roasting Baingan Recipe:
- firstly, take a large eggplant and grease with a tsp of oil.
- furthermore, place on the stove and roast on low flame. keep turning in between.
- roast till brinjal shrinks releasing some water and skin has turned completely black. it will take about 20 minutes.
- allow to cool completely.
- slowly peel the skin of eggplant.
- also, cut the stem of brinjal.
- furthermore, mash the brinjal with a potato masher.
Baingan Bharta Recipe:
- firstly, in a large kadai, heat almost 3 tbsp of oil and splutter cumin seeds.
- in addition add garlic paste and chopped green chilli. and saute till the raw smell of garlic disappears.
- now add finely chopped onions and continue to saute till they change colour.
- furthermore, add chopped tomatoes and saute till they start releasing oil from sides.
- in addition, add red chilli powder and salt to taste. then give a quick mix.
- then add mashed eggplant and give a nice mix. also cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- finally garnish with few coriander leaves.
- serve baingan bhartha with roti, garlic naan or rumali roti.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright