Kachhi dabeli is a spicy snack prepared from pav and dabeli stuffing usually seen as a street food. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Dabeli stuffing:
- 2 tsp butter / oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 cup water
- 2 potatoes, boiled
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp tamarind chutney
- few coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- fistful of masala peanuts
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- fistful pomegranate seeds
- 6 pav
- 6 tsp garlic chutney
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 6 tsp tamarind chutney
- butter for toasting
- 1 cup sev
How to make Kacchi Dabeli
Dabeli stuffing recipe:
- firstly, in a large kadai add butter / oil and saute onions till they are golden brown.
- then add chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder and chaat masala.
- saute on low flame for a minute.
- then add a cup of water.
- also mash boiled potatoes and mix well.
- later, add salt to taste and water if required.
- give a good mix and mash with a potato masher.
- additionally, add tamarind chutney.
- also add coriander leaves and give a final mix.
- transfer to a plate and start layering.
- lastly, layer with onion, masala peanuts, coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- firstly, cut the pav in between without breaking into apart.
- furthermore, spread garlic chutney on one side and tamarind chutney on other side.
- also place some chopped onions.
- and a spoonful of dabeli stuffing.
- then toast on both sides with some butter,
- after that, roll dabeli over sev, coving the edges.
- finally, serve it immediately with some green chutney and garlic chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright