Chana Chilli is a crispy and spicy indo chinese starter recipe prepared with kabuli white chickpeas with chilli sauce and soy sauce. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup chikpea / chana, soaked & boiled
- ¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, slit
- 4 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- ¼ onion, petals
- 8 cubes capsicum, red & green
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp pepper, crushed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
How to make Chana Chilli
- firstly, take 1 cup chikpea, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp salt and ¼ cup corn flour.
- mix well making sure to coat the chana well.
- deep fry the coated chana in hot oil or bake at 180 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- stir occasionally, and fry till the chana turns golden and crisp.
- now prepare the sauce by heating 2 tsp oil and saute 2 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger and 2 green chilli.
- further saute 2 tbsp spring onions slightly.
- now add ¼ onion and 8 cubes capsicum.
- saute for a minute or more, till the capsicum shrinks yet crunchy.
- furthermore add 1 tsp chilli sauce, 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp sugar and ¼ tsp salt.
- saute on high flame till the sauce thickens and turns translucent.
- now add in fried chana and 2 tbsp spring onions. mix well.
- finally, serve, chilli chana as a starter or enjoy with fried rice.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright