Aloo Fry is basically a spicy and crunchy potato dish which is served as a side dish for rice. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste
How to make Aloo Fry
- firstly, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- soak the chopped potato pieces in cold water for 5 minutes to get rid of extra starch.
- further, heat a non stick pan or a thick bottomed pan with 4-5 tbsp of oil
- once the oil turns hot, add in the chopped – soaked potato cubes into it.
- stir and spread the potatoes gently making sure to coat it with oil.
- fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame without disturbing.
- further, stir occasionally for even cooking of potatoes.
- make sure to fry on medium flame else potatoes will not cook from inside and turn crispy.
- also note not to over mix as they turn to be soft and sticky.
- fry the potatoes till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- switch off the flame and sprinkle chilli powder.
- also sprinkle salt to taste.
- mix immediately making sure to coat evenly.
- finally serve aloo fry or potato fry with hot steamed rice or rasam.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright