Paneer Bhurji Gravy
Paneer Bhurji Gravy is a gravy or curry sauce based recipe to the popular Paneer Bhurji recipe which is typically served with pav or bread or roti or chapati. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¾ tsp salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp peas / matar, fresh / frozen
- 1 cup water, or as required
- 2 cups paneer/ cottage cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
How to make Paneer Bhurji Gravy
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp butter and add ½ tsp cumin, 1 bay leaf.
- saute till the spices turn aromatic.
- further add 1 medium onion and saute well.
- also add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and continue to saute.
- additionally add 2 medium tomato and saute.
- saute till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- now mash well with potato masher or blend smooth.
- furthermore add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and ¾ tsp salt.
- saute on low flame for a minute.
- also add 2 tbsp peas and saute for 2 minutes.
- additionally add 1 cup water and mix well adjusting consistency.
- stir well and get to boil.
- further add 2 cups of crumbled paneer / cottage cheese.
- mix well, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- now add ½ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp kasuri methi and 2 tbsp coriander leaves. mix well.
- finally, serve paneer bhurji gravy recipe with chapati, roti or bread.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subjected to copyright