Tomato Sev is an interesting munching snack recipe made with gram flour and tomato puree. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cup besan / gram flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp carom seeds / ajwain
- water for kneading
- oil, for frying
How to make Tomato Sev
- firstly, blend 1 tomato to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- in a large bowl sieve 2 cup besan, ½ cup rice flour, ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, pinch hing and 1 tsp salt.
- sieve well making sure there are no lumps.
- further add 2 tbsp butter, ½ tsp carom seeds and mix well.
- sieve the prepared tomato paste to get rid of skin and seeds.
- mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- add water as required and knead to soft dough.
- take the fine holes mould and grease the chakli maker.
- stuff in ball sized dough into the press.
- further, press and spread the sev in hot oil forming a circle in the oil and make sure you do not overlap.
- fry until it turns golden and crisp.
- add in few curry leaves and allow to splutter.
- drain over kitchen paper to absorb oil.
- finally, break tomato sev into pieces and enjoy tea time snack.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright