Idli Manchurian is a fusion of Indian and Chinese cuisine has a normal flavour of chinese food which gives a different taste from our normal idli recipes will give a new experience.
FOR IDLI FRYING:
- 5 idlis, use any idlis of your choice
- ½ cup maida / all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup corn flour / corn starch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- water as required, to prepare smooth batter
- oil for deep frying
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ capsicum, cubed
- ¼ cup tomato sauce or add as required
- 1 tsp chilli sauce, optional
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
How to make Idli Manchurian
- chop all the idlis into 4 quarters and keep aside.
- in a large bowl take maida, corn flour, salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper and soy sauce. give a good mix.
- now add little water and mix well. make a smooth batter. the batter should be of dropping consistency.
- dip each idli pieces into the batter. coat them well and deep fry.
- fry till they turn light golden brown and crispy.
- drain the fried idlis to remove excess oil.
IDLI MANCHURI RECIPE:
- in a large kadai add 2 tsp oil add chopped onion. saute for a minute.
- now add chopped ginger and garlic. saute for a minute.
- you can also add green chilli (optional)
- next fry chopped capsicum.
- add tomato sauce, chilli sauce add salt to taste.
- add 2 tsp of soya sauce and vinegar. give a good stir and cook for a minute.
- now add the deep fried idlis and give a good mix. coat the idli pieces well with sauce.
- lastly add some chopped spring onions greens and mix.
- serve with veg fried rice or mushroom fried rice.
Pic Courtesy: google/images are subjected to copyright