Soya Chaap Masala Gravy
Soya Chaap Masala Gravy is a healthy vegetarian snack recipe prepared from soya bean which is rich in protein and is best alternative to meat or chicken. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Soya Chaap Stick (30 Sticks):
- ½ cup soya bean
- ½ cup soya chunks
- 1 cup maida / plain flour / refined flour
- salt to taste
- water to boil
For Soya Chaap Curry:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 soya chaap sticks, prepared
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1½ cups tomato pulp
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh cream / malai
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
How to make Soya Chaap Masala Gravy
- firstly, heat oil and roast soya chaap sticks both the sides. keep aside.
- now saute in cumin and bay leaf till it turns aromatic.
- furthermore, add in onions and saute well.
- additionally, add in ginger-garlic paste and saute.
- now add in tomato pulp.
- stir continuously till the tomato pulp thickens up and releases oil.
- furthermore add in turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
- add in water and cream.
- keeping the flame on low stir continuously.
- further add in roasted soya bean chaap sticks into the curry.
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- now add in garam masala, crushed kasuri methi and coriander leaves.
- finally, serve soya chaap curry along with rice, roti or chapathi.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright