Sev Tomato Sabzi
Sev Tomato Sabzi is a recipe coming straight from the gujarati cuisine without onion, garlic and ginger. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 ripped tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- ¼ tsp methi seeds / fenugreek seeds
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- few coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup crispy sev
How to make Sev Tomato Sabzi
- in a large kadai, heat 4 tsp oil.
- then add mustard seeds, jeera, methi and hing. allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- now add chopped red tomatoes.
- saute till they start releasing oil.
- further add kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- also add 1 tsp of sugar and salt to taste.
- mix well and cook the spices on medium flame for a minute or 2.
- later add a cup of water and give a good mix. add more water to adjust the consistency.
- boil for 10 minutes till tomatoes and spices get completely cooked. adjust the spices and consistency if required.
- switch off the flame and add few chopped coriander leaves. give a mix.
- transfer the sev tameta nu shaak into the serving bowl and garnish with generous amount of sev and serve immediately. otherwise the sev gets soggy.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright