Paneer Jalfrezi is basically an Indo Chinese cuisine curry recipe, originated from the streets of west Bengal. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Masala Paste:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 to mato, finely chopped
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 dried red chilli, broken
- inch ginger, cut julienne
- ½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- ½ capsicum, sliced
- salt to taste
- 8 pieces paneer
- ½ to mato, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
How to make Paneer Jalfrezi
- firstly, heat oil and saute onions.
- further add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- additionally add tomato and saute till they turn soft and mushy.
- furthermore add spice powder and saute.
- blend to smooth paste without adding any water. keep aside.
- now in the same kadai heat oil.
- add in dried red chilli, ginger julienne and cumin seeds. saute well.
- furthermore, add thinly sliced onion and saute for a minute.
- additionally, add sliced capsicum and continue to saute.
- add in prepare masala paste, tomato sauce and salt to taste. mix well.
- now add in paneer pieces and thinly sliced tomato. give a gentle mix.
- now add garam masala powder and lemon juice. mix gently.
- finally, serve paneer jalfrezi with rice, roti or naan.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright