Lahsun Sev / Garlic Sev
Lahsun Sev is an easy and flavoured snack recipe made with chickpea flour and a generous amount of garlic. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 8 clove garlic
- ½ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cup besan / gram flour
- water, for blending & kneading
- oil, for fryin
How to make Lahsun Sev / Garlic Sev
- firstly, in a blender take 8 clove garlic, ½ tsp ajwain, ½ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp chilli powder.
- blend to smooth paste adding ¼ cup water.
- transfer the masala paste into a large mixing bowl.
- add 3 tbsp oil, pinch hing and ¾ tsp salt.
- whisk and mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- add 2 cup besan and mix using a spoon.
- further add ¼ cup water and start to knead.
- knead to smooth and super soft dough adding water as required.
- take the flower mould and grease the chakli maker.
- stuff in ball sized dough into the press.
- further, press and spread the sev in hot oil forming a circle in the oil and make sure you do not overlap.
- after a minute, flip over and fry the other side till it turns golden and crisp.
- drain over kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
- finally, break lahsun sev into pieces and enjoy tea time snack.
Pic Courtesy: Google/ images are subject to copyright