Mother’s Day 2023: Celebrate with Indian Films and Cherish the Bond
On Mother’s Day 2023, what better way to celebrate the special bond between you and your mom than by watching Indian films together? Indian cinema offers a diverse range of movies that portray the complexities of motherhood, family relationships, and the power of a mother’s love. Whether you’re in the mood for heartwarming dramas, inspiring true stories, or light-hearted comedies, there’s something for everyone. So, grab some popcorn, snuggle up with your mom, and get ready for a memorable movie marathon filled with laughter, tears, and moments that will warm your hearts.
- “Mother India” (1957) – A classic Hindi film that tells the story of a resilient mother who struggles to raise her children in the face of adversity. It stars Nargis Dutt in a powerful performance.
- “Lipstick Under My Burkha” (2016) – This bold and thought-provoking film explores the secret lives and desires of four women from different generations in a conservative society.
- “English Vinglish” (2012) – As mentioned earlier, this heartwarming film follows a middle-aged Indian woman’s journey to gain self-confidence and respect by learning English. Sridevi shines in her role.
- “Kapoor & Sons” (2016) – A family drama that delves into the complexities of relationships and the dynamics within a dysfunctional family. The film features an ensemble cast including Rishi Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, and Fawad Khan.
- “Piku” (2015) – This comedy-drama revolves around the strong bond between a daughter (Deepika Padukone) and her aging father (Amitabh Bachchan). It’s a heartwarming exploration of family relationships.
- “English Medium” (2020) – As previously mentioned, this film tells the story of a father’s unwavering love for his daughter and his efforts to fulfill her dreams. Irrfan Khan’s performance is exceptional.
- “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (1995) – A timeless romantic drama that portrays the love story of Raj and Simran, played by Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. It’s a beloved film that celebrates the importance of love and family.
- “Dangal” (2016) – In this inspiring sports biographical film, Aamir Khan portrays the role of a father who trains his daughters to become successful wrestlers. It showcases the strength of a mother’s support in achieving dreams.
- “Queen” (2013) – This feel-good film follows the journey of a young woman, played by Kangana Ranaut, who embarks on a solo honeymoon after her wedding is called off. It’s a story of self-discovery and empowerment.
- “Mother” (2017) – A heartwarming Telugu film that revolves around the relationship between a young man and his mother. It beautifully explores the sacrifices made by a mother for her child’s happiness.
These films offer a mix of emotions, memorable performances, and engaging stories that you can enjoy with your mom on Mother’s Day 2023.
Picture Courtesy: Google/images are subject to copyright