Kurkuri Bhindi is an easy and simple crispy ladies finger fry recipe made with tender okra. Lets a have a look at the recipe.
- 260 grams bhindi / okra
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup besan / gram flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 tsp oil
- oil, for frying
- chaat masala
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi
- firstly, take 260 grams bhindi. make sure to wash and pat dry before slicing.
- slice into thick strips and remove off the seeds.
- add 1 tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder and ½ tsp chaat masala.
- mix well making sure spices are well coated.
- now add 1 tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp salt. mix well.
- marinate for 10 minutes making sure the flavours are absorbed.
- further, add ¼ cup besan and ¼ cup rice flour.
- mix well coating the flour uniformly.
- also, add 2 tsp oil and mix gently coating the masala well.
- do not add any extra water, salt helps to release moisture and adding water makes bhindi sticky.
- deep fry in hot oil spreading uniformly.
- stir occasionally and fry on medium flame.
- fry until the bhindi turns crisp and golden.
- drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil. you can also sprinkle pinch of chaat masala to enhance the flavour.
- finally, enjoy kurkuri bhindi as an evening snack or for a side dish of lunch.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright