Dahi Papad ki Sabzi
Dahi Papad ki Sabzi is a popular, easy and healthy rajasthani cuisine curry recipe prepared mainly with pappads in yogurt or curd based curry. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 4 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard / rai
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- few curry leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger – garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 green chilli, slit
- 1 tsp kashmir red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup curd / dahi / yogurt, whisked
- 4 papad, urad / lijjat
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
How to make Dahi Papad ki Sabzi
- firstly, in a kadai heat 4 tsp oil and splutter ½ tsp mustard, ½ tsp jeera, pinch of hing and few curry leaves.
- further add 1 chopped onion and saute well.
- also add 1 tsp ginger – garlic paste and 1 green chilli. saute well.
- additionally, add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp coriander powder.
- saute on low flame till the spices turn aromatic.
- later add 1 cup water and 1 cup whisked curd.
- stir continuously on low flame till the curd combines well.
- stir well keeping the flame on low, else there are chance for curd to curdle.
- break the roasted papad roughly into curry. mix well.
- add in ¼ tsp salt.
- simmer for 2 minutes or more.
- later, add ½ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp kasuri methi and 2 tbsp coriander. mix well.
- finally, serve dahi papad ki sabzi with chapathi.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright