Besan Bhindi Masala
Besan Bhindi Masala is an easy and quick dry variation of bhindi recipe prepared by coating it with spiced besan or chickpea flour. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 bhindi / okra, sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp fennel / saunf
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp besan / gram flour
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make Besan Bhindi Masala
- firstly, in a small mixing bowl take ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure the spices are combined well.
- now add sliced bhindi and mix well.
- make sure to coat the spices well and rest for 15 minutes.
- in a kadai heat 3 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp fennel and pinch of hing.
- further saute 2 tbsp onion and ½ tsp ginger garlic paste.
- also saute 2 tbsp besan on low flame for 5 minutes or till the besan turns aromatic.
- add in prepared bhindi masala mix and saute for a minute.
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes or till bhindi gets cooked completely.
- make sure the bhindi turns dark and cooke completely.
- further add ¼ tsp garam masala and 1 tbsp coriander leaves. mix well.
- finally, serve besan bhindi masala recipe with rice / roti.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright