Aloo Cheela is a breakfast and evening snack item. Its a spiced version of potato pancake.
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 pinch ajwain and salt to taste
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- few coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp gramflour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- pinch baking powder
How to make Aloo Cheela
- Wash and peel potatoes grate it with thick grater soak in a bowl full water for 5 minutes.
- squeeze and drain all water set the grated potatoes aside.
- To the grated potatoes add red chilli, pepper, ajwain, salt, chopped coriander, mint leaves chopped, onions mix thoroughly.
- Then add gramflour, cornflour baking powder and mix well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan scoop out a portion of batter and spread evenly to make like a pan cake.
- Cook on low medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes then flip it cook on other side too for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then flip again cook until golden brown and crisp from both sides serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.