Aloo Basket Chaat
Aloo Basket Chaat is a unique and popular chaat recipe from Northern India, especially from Lucknow. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 3 potato / aloo
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ tsp salt
- oil for frying
For Chaat Stuffing:
- 1 cup chana / chikpea, soaked & boiled
- 1 potato / aloo, boiled & cubed
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 tsp green chutney
- ½ tsp salt
For 1 Basket Chaat Preparation:
- 2 tsp green chutney
- 2 tsp tamarind chutney
- 3 tbsp curd/ yogurt, whisked
- pinch chaat masala
- pinch cumin powder / jeera powder
- pinch aamchur / dry mango powder
- pinch kashmiri red chilli powder
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sev, fine
- 2 tbsp boondi
- 2 tsp coriander, finely chopped
How to make Aloo Basket Chaat
- firstly, peel and grate 3 potato. use fresh potatoes, else aloo basket will not be crispy.
- now rinse the grated raw potato well to remove of starch.
- drain off the potato and squeeze out water completely.
- further add ½ cup corn flour and ½ tsp salt.
- squeeze the potato and prepare a moist potato mixture.
- now spread the potato mixture over sieve.
- deep fry in hot oil until it turns golden brown.
- finally, prepare the potato basket chaat using prepa
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright