Rice Pakoda is a snack item made with leftover cooked rice and vegetables. It is generally seen as a street food or eaten before the meal. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 cup rice, leftover
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- ½ cup besan / gram flour
- oil for frying
How to make Rice Pakodas
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 cup cooked rice.
- mash gently making sure to form a smooth paste.
- now add 1 carrot, ½ cup cabbage, 2 tbsp coriander, 1 chilli and 1 inch ginger.
- also add ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- additionally, add ½ cup besan.
- squeeze and mix well making sure all the spices are combined well.
- deep fry pakoda in hot oil giving a shape of your choice to pakoda.
- stir occasionally, frying on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- finally, enjoy rice pakora with tomato sauce.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright