Instant Veg Biryani
Instant Veg Biryani is similar to a fried rice or pulav where cooked rice or leftover rice is mixed with biryani paste. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- ¼ tsp shah jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon / dalchini
- 1 star anise
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, chopped
- 8 florets gobi / cauliflower
- ¼ potato, chopped
- ¼ capsicum, chopped
- 3 beans, chopped
- ¼ cup curd/ yogurt
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp biryani masala powder
- 2 tbsp pudina / mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
How to make Instant Veg Biryani
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and saute 1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 star, ¼ tsp shah jeera till turns aromatic.
- further add 1 onion and saute well.
- also add ½ tsp ginger garlic paste and continue to saute.
- now add ½ carrot, ¼ potato, ¼ capsicum, 8 florets gobi and 3 beans.
- saute well making sure the vegetables are cooked well.
- furthermore add ¼ cup curd, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp biryani masala powder and ½ tsp salt.
- saute well making sure the spices and curd are cooked well. and also oil releases from sides.
- now add 2 tbsp pudina and 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
- further add 2 cups of cooked basmati rice and mix gently.
- mix well making sure the rice grain doesn’t break.
- finally, instant veg biryani is ready to serve along with onion-tomato raita.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright