Bombay Ice Halwa
Bombay Ice Halwa the most loved indian desserts which originated from mumbai, Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup ghee/clarified butter
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ¼ of orange food color
- ¼ tsp cardamom / elachi, powdered
- 1 tbsp almonds / badam, chopped
- 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
How to make Bombay Ice Halwa
- firstly, in a large kadai take 1½ cup milk, 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup corn flour and ¼ cup ghee.
- make sure to stir continuously keeping the flame low without forming any lumps.
- after 5 minutes, the mixture starts to thicken and turns into a paste consistency.
- now add ¼ tsp of orange food colour and 1 tsp ghee.
- mix well keeping the flame on medium.
- further, add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- mix till the mixture turns glossy. add a tsp of more ghee if it’s not turning glossy.
- transfer a ladleful of ice halwa mixture on to butter paper.
- place another sheet of greased butter paper over it and spread the mixture gently with hand.
- also using a rolling pin spread thin / thick thickness as desired.
- peel off the butter paper and sprinkle few chopped almonds and pistachios.
- allow the mixture cool for 2 hours or refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- now cut the ice halwa into squares (along with sheet) once set completely.
- finally, bombay ice halwa is ready to serve or store for a week in the refrigerator.
Pic Courtsey: google/images are subject to copyright