Badam Kheer is a rich, creamy and tasty milk-based dessert pudding made with almond paste and full cream milk. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Almond Paste:
- ¾ cup almonds / badam
- 3 cup hot water, for soaking
- 1 tsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 5 cashew / kaju, chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins / kishmish
- 5 cup milk
- ½ tsp saffron / kesar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp pistachios, for garnishing
For Instant Mawa / Khova:
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup milk powder
How to make Badam Kheer
- in the kadai add 5 cup milk and add ½ tsp saffron.
- stir well and get the milk to a boil.
- simmer and boil for 15 minutes or until the milk thickens.
- now add prepared almond paste and stir well.
- boil for 5 minutes or until the milk thickens and turns creamy.
- add the crumbled khova to milk and mix well.
- boil for 3 minutes or until the texture turns creamy.
- further add ¼ cup sugar, stir and boil for 2 minutes.
- also add ¼ tsp cardamom powder, fried nuts and mix well.
- finally, enjoy badam kheer garnished with few chopped pistachios.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright