Aloo Tikki is a simple and easy patty recipe made with boiled and mashed potatoes. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 3 potato / aloo, boiled & grated
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mint / pudina, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- oil, for frying
How to make Aloo Tikki
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 3 boiled and grated potatoes and make sure to pressure cook potatoes for 4-5 whistles and drain off the water as soon as pressure releases.
- add 1 tsp chilli, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp chilli powder.
- also add ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp aamchur, ½ tsp chaat masala and ½ tsp salt.
- later add 2 tbsp mint and 2 tbsp coriander.
- now add 2 tbsp of cornflour and mix well alternatively.
- use poha powder or rice flour as it helps to absorb moisture.
- mix well forming a soft dough.
- grease hand with oil and prepare flattened ball-sized tikki.
- shallow fry in hot oil. you can alternatively roast or deep fry.
- roast on low flame until it turns golden brown.
- flip over and cook on both sides.
- finally, enjoy aloo tikki with green chutney, tamarind chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright