Rice Phirni is a sweet and melting dessert which is equally loved by all. Sometimes confused to rice kheer because of the use of rice grains, yet there is slight difference. Lets have a look to the recipe.
- 2 tbsp basmati rice
- water for soaking
- 1 litre milk, full cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- few dry fruits, chopped
How to make Rice Phirni
- firstly, soak 2 tbsp of basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- discard the water and blend rice to coarse paste. keep aside.
- now in a large kadai boil 1 litre milk.
- stir occasionally, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- keep the flame on low till milk thickens.
- now add in prepared coarse rice paste.
- stir it continuously for 5 minutes without forming any lumps
- simmer for another 5 minutes stirring in between.
- boil the milk till the rice gets cooked completely.
- further add ¼ cup of sugar and 2 tbsp saffron milk.
- mix well till the milk thickens and turn creamy.
- add in cardamom powder and mix well.
- transfer the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate it.
- finally, serve chilled phirni garnished with few chopped nuts.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright