Honey Chilli Potato
Honey Chilli Potato is a crispy, sweet and spicy coated with honey, chilli sauce, vinegar and soy sauce potato wedges which makes it a ideal snack or as a starters. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Potato Wedges:
- 2 potato, wedges
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- oil for deep frying
For Honey Chilli Potato:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, slit
- 4 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- ¼ onions, petals
- ½ capsicum, cubed
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame / til, roasted
How to make Honey Chilli Potato
- firstly to make potato wedges, peel the skin of potato.
- chop them to thick wedges .
- further, boil the potato wedges for 3 minutes adding little salt in the water.
- drain the water and keep potatoes aside. cool completely.
- coat the potatoes with 2 tbsp oil.
- further, add ¼ cup corn flour, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp mixed herbs.
- mix well making sure the corn flour gets coated uniformly.
- deep fry the potatoes into hot oil.
- stir occasionally, till the potatoes turn golden brown and crisp.
- then in a large kadai, heat 2 tsp oil and saute 1 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger, 2 green chilli and 2 tbsp spring onion.
- further saute ¼ onions and ½ capsicum on high flame.
- now add 1 tsp chilli sauce, 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and ¼ tsp salt.
- saute on high flame for 30 seconds.
- now mix 1 tbsp corn flour in ¼ cup water without any lumps.
- pour the corn flour mixture and stir continuously till it turns translucent.
- turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp honey and mix well.
- further add fried potato and mix gently.
- also add 2 tbsp spring onions and 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds. mix well.
- finally, serve Honey Chilli Potato hot with fried rice or as it is.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright