Chickpea Falafel is basically a traditional middle east cuisine delicacy which is deep fried ball or patty made from chickpea batter. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup chickpea / kabuli chana
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- fistful coriander leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour / refined flour / all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- oil for deep frying
How to make Chickpea Falafel
- firstly soak 1 cup of chickpea with enough water for overnight.
- next day, drain off the water and transfer to a bowl or food processor.
- also add in ½ onion, fistful coriander leaves, 2 cloves garlic, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pepper, crushed, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt to taste.
- additionally, add in 2 tbsp maida.
- blend coarsely in a food processor without adding any water.
- add in baking soda and mix well.
- now wet your hands and prepare small sized balls. if the dough is sticking to hands then add a tbsp more of maida and mix well.
- deep fry the balls in hot oil.
- also stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
- once the falafel turns golden brown, drain off on to the kitchen paper.
- finally, serve falafel hot with hummus or sauce of your choice.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright