Veg Lollipop is a vegetarian alternative snack to the popular chicken lollipop or chicken wings. Lets have a look at the recipe. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2 boiled potato, peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp peas / matar, fresh / frozen
- 2 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp corn, fresh / frozen
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour / refined flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp pepper, crushed
- ½ cup water
- oil for deep frying
How to make Veg Lollipop
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 boiled potato, peeled & grated. (i have pressure cooked potatoes for 2 whistles)
- add in 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp capsicum, 2 tbsp carrot, 3 tbsp peas, 3 tbsp corn, 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
- also add ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp aamchur, ½ tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste.
- additionally, add ¼ cup bread crumbs and mix well.
- form a soft dough, add more bread crumbs if required.
- now prepare small sized balls.
- dip in maida paste.
- further roll and coat with breadcrumbs all the sides.
- deep fry in hot oil or bake at 180 degree celsius for 12 minutes.
- stir occasionally and fry on medium flame till veg lollipop turns golden brown.
- insert a toothpick into the lollipop.
- finally, serve veg lollipop recipe with tomato sauce or mayonnaise.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subjected to copyright