Sabudana Aloo Cheela
Sabudana Aloo Cheela is a healthy and tasty fasting chilla recipe made with sabudana pearls. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup sabudana / sago
- ¾ cup water, for soaking
- 1 potato / aloo, boiled & grated
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp curry leaves, chopped
- ¼ kuttu atta / buckwheat flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- oil for roasting
How to make Sabudana Aloo Cheela
- firstly, take 1 cup sabudana in a large bowl.
- add enough water, rub and rinse for 3 times or until water run clean.
- further, add ¾ cup water and soak for 6 hours.
- transfer the soaked sabudana into the blender and add ½ cup water.
- blend to smooth paste adding water as required.
- further add 1 potato, 1 tsp cumin, 1 chilli and ½ tsp ginger paste.
- also, add ½ tsp pepper powder, 2 tbsp curry leaves, ¼ kuttu atta and ¾ tsp salt.
- add 1 cup water, whisk and mix well to form a thick batter.
- rest the batter for 10 minutes or more.
- further, pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot tawa and spread gently.
- pour 1 tsp of oil over chilla and roast on medium flame.
- now flip the chilla and cook both sides pressing gently.
- finally, sabudana aloo chilla is ready to serve with green chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright