Paneer Pulao simple and perfect lunch box or dinner recipe prepared with grated paneer, paneer cubes, long grain rice and other vegetables. Lets have a look at the recipe.
To cook rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
For Paneer Pulao:
- 1 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 8 cubes paneer
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 5 cloves / lavang
- 10 black pepper / kali mirch
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, slit
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup peas / matar
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup paneer, crumbled
- 2 tbsp coriander leaf, finely chopped
How to make Paneer Pulao
- firstly, in a large pan heat ghee and saute paneer till they turn golden brown. keep aside.
- in the same, pan add cumin, cinnamon stick, cloves and black pepper.
- saute them on low flame till they tun aromatic.
- further add thinly sliced onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- now add tomato and saute till they turn soft and mushy.
- add carrot and peas and saute well.
- further, add red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. saute.
- now add crumbled paneer and mix well.
- also add cooked rice and mix gently.
- place the fried paneer on the prepared pulao cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- also garnish with fried paneer pieces, coriander and crumbled paneer.
- finally, serve hot paneer pulao with any raita
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright