Murmura Laddu is a traditional Indian sweet recipe made with puffed rice and melted jaggery syrup. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 3 cup (75 gm) murmura / puffed rice
- 1 tsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 cup (230 gm) jaggery / gud
How to make Murmura Laddu
- firstly, in a tawa dry roast 3 cup murmura on low flame.
- dry roast until the murmura turns crisp. keep aside.
- in a large kadai heat 1 tsp ghee and add 1 cup jaggery.
- keeping the flame on low stir continuously until the jaggery melts.
- check the consistency, by dropping syrup into a bowl of water, it should form a soft ball. else boil for another minute and check.
- turn off the flame and add dry roasted murmura and mix gently.
- grease your hand with ghee or wet your hand with water and prepare ladoo when the mixture is still warm.
- finally, enjoy murmura ladoo for a month when stored in an airtight container.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright