Masala Paratha is an interesting spicy paratha recipe made with chickpea flour and spices. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 2½ cup wheat flour / atta
- ¾ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi, crushed
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ cup wheat flour / atta, for dusting
- oil for roasting
How to make Masala Paratha
- firstly, in a large bowl take 2½ cup wheat flour and add ¾ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp cumin powder.
- also add ½ tsp aamchur, 1 tbsp kasuri methi, ¼ tsp ajwain, ½ tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp ghee and 1 tsp salt.
- crumble and mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
- add 1 cup hot water and mix with the spoon.
- knead the dough well-adding water as required.
- grease the dough with oil and rest for 15 minutes.
- knead the dough again slightly and pinch a ball sized dough.
- dust with wheat flour and roll to small disc.
- spread 1 tsp ghee and pinch of garam masala.
- with the back of a spoon, spread uniformly.
- form a bundle forming a ball sized dough.
- also, dust with some wheat flour.
- further, roll it in a slightly thick circle like chapati or paratha.
- now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip the masala paratha.
- also, spread ½ tsp oil / ghee and press slightly both the sides.
- flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
- finally, serve masala paratha with raita and pickle.
Pic Coutesy: google/ images are subject to copyright