Another great way to consume raw mangoes is by making a spicy and tangy chutney that can be paired with many Indian dishes or used as a dip. Here’s a quick recipe for raw mango chutney:
- 1 raw mango, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add the chopped onion and green chili and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the grated raw mango, salt, and sugar, and stir well.
- Cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes until the raw mango is soft and the chutney has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Serve as a side dish or dip.
Raw mangoes can also be used in salads to add a tangy flavor and a crunch. Here’s a simple recipe for a raw mango salad:
- 1 raw mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced raw mango, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the roasted peanuts over the salad.
- Serve chilled.
In conclusion, raw mangoes are a delicious and healthy fruit that can be enjoyed in many ways. They offer numerous health benefits, including boosting immunity, improving digestion, and promoting heart health. So, go ahead and indulge in this tropical fruit to reap its benefits!