Kaju Katli is a popular Indian dessert prepared with cashew powder and sugar syrup. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1/8 th tsp cardamom powder / elaichi powder
- 1 tsp ghee, clarified butter
- silver vark / saffron – optional
How to make Kaju Katli
- firstly, in a small mixer jar, take 1 cup cashews.
- furthermore, grind to smooth powder. keep aside.
- now in a non stick pan, take ½ cup of sugar along with ¼ cup of water.
- keep the flame on low and keep on stirring to form syrup.
- stir the sugar syrup till it forms 1 string consistency.
- now sieve the ground cashew powder.
- remember to keep the flame on low all the time and give a good mix.
- add cardamom / saffron and continue to mix till it starts releasing from pan.
- once the cashew paste turns to dough leaving the pan add a tsp of ghee.
- continue to mix till the ghee melts completely and cashew dough is formed leaving the pan.
- switch off the stove. and grease the butter paper with ghee.
- transfer the cashew dough on to the butter paper.
- grease your hand with little ghee and knead.
- once you get smooth dough, cover with butter paper.
- take a plate and press to form uniform layer.
- then roll the dough with a rolling-pin, adjusting the thickness according to your choice.
- cut the edges so that you can get perfect diamond shapes.
- now cut the dough into diamond shape or the shape you wish for.
- you can also decorate with silver leaf / silver vark.
- finally, serve delicious kaju katli for any occasions.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright