Dead Lizard Found in School Children’s Food
300 pupils at a school were rushed to a hospital after consuming government-provided lunches, evoking memories of 23 children who died last year after eating food from the same welfare scheme. A dead lizard was found in one of the seven food containers provided under the midday meal scheme at a government school in Bangalore, a teacher told Reuters.
That led to a panic situation as food had already been served to several pupils.
“We stopped the children from eating and rushed them to a hospital,” said Syeda Tabassum, a school teacher who was part of the group that served food to the children on Friday.
“All students are safe now,” she added, saying most had been discharged from the hospital.