Dahi Vada is a popular north indian or delhi snack or chaat recipe where urad dal vada is dipped in yoghurt with other chaat chutney. Lets have a look at the recipe.
For Vada (20 Vadas)
- ¾ cup urad dal
- 1 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
For Serving 1 Plate:
- 3 tbsp curd/yogurt, thick
- 2 tsp green chutney
- 2 tsp tamarind chutney
- pinch of chilli powder
- pinch of cumin powder
- salt to taste
- pinch of chaat masala
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make Dahi Vada
- firstly, soak urad dal and prepare batter adding chilli and ginger.
- transfer the batter into a large bowl.
- beat the batter in one direction for 5 minutes to get more fluffy and smooth batter.
- now add salt to taste, and mix lightly. do not rest long after adding salt, as it leaves water and makes batter watery.
- now dip your hand in water, and start make lemon sized vadas.
- drop them one by one to hot oil.
- keep the flame in lower to medium stir occasionally.
- also fry the vadas till they turn golden brown.
- drain off the vadas on to kitchen towel to absorb oil.
- immediately, drop the vadas into lukewarm water and dip the vadas completely.
- soak for 5 minutes and allow the vadas to absorb water.
- furthermore, squeeze off the water by pressing between your palm.
- place 3-4 squeezed vadas on the serving plate.
- pour in 3 tbsp thick whisked curd.
- also add in 2 tsp green chutney and 2 tsp tamarind chutney.
- furthermore, sprinkle pinch of chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and salt.
- finally serve dahi bhalla garnished with few coriander leaves.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright