Pulao recipe is great lunch box or tiffin box recipe for both kids and adults. Chana pulao is prepared similar to the other traditional pulao recipes with same ingredients and with some extra topping of boiled chickpeas. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 star anise
- 5 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon / dalchini
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin
- ¾ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup chickpea / chana, soaked overnight and boiled 10 minutes
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked 20 minutes
- coriander to garnish
How to make Chana Pulao
- firstly, in a pressure cooker heat 3 tsp oil and saute 1 bay leaf, 1 star anise, 5 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon and 1 tsp jeera till it turns aromatic.
- saute onion, ginger garlic paste and tomatoes.
- further add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¾ tsp aamchur, 1 tsp kasuri methi and 1 tsp salt and saute well.
- now add 1 cup soaked and boiled chickpea and saute for a minute.
- furthermore add 1 cup basmati rice (soaked for 20 minutes) and saute gently.
- now add 2 cup water and stir well.
- cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- finally, garnish with coriander and serve chana pulao along with onion tomato raita.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright