Bread Potato Balls
Bread Potato Balls is an interesting and tasty snack recipe made with leftover bread slices and spiced potato fillings. Lets have a look at the recipe.
- 3 potato / aloo, boiled & grated
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- 2 tbsp pudina / mint, chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- 8 slices bread, white / brown
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- oil, for frying
How to make Bread Potato Balls
- firstly, in a large bowl take 3 potato.
- add 1 chilli, ½ tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala and ½ tsp coriander powder.
- also add ¼ tsp ajwain, 2 tbsp pudina and ¾ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure everything is combined well forming a dough.
- furthermore, take bread slices and cut the sides.
- dip the bread slice into the water just for a second and squeeze off the excess water.
- make sure to squeeze the bread slice completely else it will absorb oil while deep frying.
- place the ball shaped prepared stuffing.
- and wrap the bread making sure to pinch the edges and secure tight. if unable to hold the shape dip your finger in water and make bread flexible to hold and roll.
- further, with the help of both hands roll to a round shape.
- roll into panko bread crumbs to get more crispy layer.
- deep fry the prepared bread roll into the hot oil. make sure to fry in hot oil, else bread will absorb oil and turn soggy.
- stir and fry occasionally on medium flame till it turns golden brown. alternatively, bake the bread to golden brown if you are diet conscious.
- finally, serve bread balls hot along with ketchup or green chutney.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright