5 Foods to Avoid Combining with Mangoes for Better Digestion and Flavor
Mangoes are a delicious and nutritious fruit that can be enjoyed in many different ways, such as in smoothies, salads, or simply on their own. However, there are some foods that you should avoid combining with mangoes, as they can cause digestive issues or even affect the flavor of the fruit. Here are 5 foods to never combine with mangoes:
- Dairy products: Mangoes and dairy products like milk, yogurt, or cheese do not mix well together. This is because mangoes contain enzymes that can break down the proteins in dairy products, leading to an unpleasant sour taste and indigestion.
- Citrus fruits: Avoid combining mangoes with other citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, or lemons. The high acidity of these fruits can interfere with the natural sweetness of mangoes and cause digestive discomfort.
- Starchy vegetables: Mangoes should not be consumed with starchy vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, or corn. This combination can lead to gas and bloating due to the slower digestion of starches.
- Spicy foods: While some people enjoy the combination of spicy and sweet flavors, combining mangoes with spicy foods can be too overwhelming for the taste buds and cause indigestion.
- Alcohol: Mangoes should not be consumed with alcoholic beverages like beer or wine. Alcohol can slow down digestion, leading to the fermentation of fruit sugars in the stomach, causing discomfort and bloating.
Mangoes are a delicious and healthy fruit that can be enjoyed in many ways. However, to avoid digestive issues and maintain the flavor of the fruit, it’s important to avoid combining mangoes with dairy products, citrus fruits, starchy vegetables, spicy foods, and alcohol.
Picture Courtesy: Google/images are subject to copyright