NEET 2021: Important Points, Dates, Pattern, Weightage & Online Resources
NEET 2021 official notification is yet to be released by the last week of January 2021. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) through offline mode. Aspirants will appear for counseling after the release of final merit lists. Students with a good rank can begin their careers either in MBBS or BDS.
Due to 30% reduction in the syllabus of Class XII CBSE board, there is a word going around that the syllabus of NEET 2021 may be reduced. But there is no official notification on the same. So, students should not go by hearsay till the official release is out. The education ministry will also check the feasibility of an online exam for NEET 2021. Scroll down to know more on the topic at hand.
NEET 2021: Important Events, Application, Exam Pattern, Weightage, and Best Online Resources
Till now no official date for the exam is released. But students can still get some idea by looking at the important events of previous years. The tentative important dates for the NEET 2021 exam are tabulated below:
|Tentative Date (2021)
|NEET 2021 Registration form
|Release of NEET 2021 Hall Ticket
|NEET 2021 Counseling
Aspirants are also advised to keep an eye on the official website to get updates regarding all the latest information for NEET 2021 exam.
A table describing the major highlights of NEET 2021 exam is mentioned below. Students are advised to kindly go through it for better understanding of the exam.
|Name of the Exam
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Estimated % of students who appeared in 2020
|● UR: 50
● SC/ST/OBC: 40
● PWD (UR): 45
|Distribution of seats
|● % All India Seats: 15%
● % State Quota Seats: 85%
|BDS, MBBS, BHMS,BAMS etc.
|Estimate Number of seats
|● MBBS: 80,00083,000
● BDS: 25,00027,000
NEET 2021 Application Form
For NEET 2021, students will have to fill the application form through online mode only. A comprehensive step-wise guide for filling the application form is mentioned below. Kindly follow these steps and try to avoid any mistakes while filling the application.
Step 1: First, visit the official website at http://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
Step 2: After that, on the left side, there is an option of ‘Registration’, click on that. After registering, you will be provided with login ID and password.
Step 3: Then, fill the application form online. Please make sure that you are filling the correct information. Re-check your details before submitting the form. After reviewing the personal details, click on submit. You will be generated an ‘application number’. Save it for future references.
Step 4: After filling the form, candidates are advised to upload the documents that have been asked. Candidates will have to upload the scanned pictures of left thumb impression, passport and post card size photograph and class X certificate. Please ensure that the size of the uploaded documents should be in alignment with the ones asked in the form.
Step 5: After successfully uploading the documents, candidates are advised to submit the application fee either through Net banking, UPI, Paytm or Credit/Debit card.
After following the above steps, candidates are advised to keep the proof of fee submission and get the print out of the application form for future references.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
It is extremely crucial to know the exact exam pattern. It will help the students to align their preparation accordingly. It also prevents unnecessary marks deduction due to negative marking. A brief description of exam pattern for NEET 2021 is mentioned below:
- Questions will be asked from: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- Marks allotment to each subject:
- Physics: 45
- Chemistry: 45
- Biology (Botany and Zoology): 90 (45+45)
- Total marks will be : 720
- The exam will be objective type consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme of NEET 2021:
- For each correct answer: +4 marks
- For each wrong answer: -1 mark
- Unattempted questions: No deduction of marks
- Medium of the examination will be dependent on the location of the candidate. However, the exam is conducted in multiple languages including English/Hindi/Oriya/Gujarati etc. as per the official notification.
NEET 2021 Subject-Wise Weightage
NEET 2021 syllabus is divided into three parts:
- Physics: It will have 25% weightage in NEET 2021. It covers the units from Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT. However, it is expected that there may be a certain reduction in Physics syllabus. According to our estimation, 6 units may be deducted from both class 11th and 12th NCERT.
- Chemistry: Again it contributes around 25% weightage to the exam. There is an estimation of deduction of around 4 units each from Class 11th and 12th NCERT.
- Biology: It contributes the maximum weightage of 50%. Thus, candidates should be well-versed in the subject. The current estimation for the deduction of units may include 3 chapters each from class 11th and 12th NCERT.
Note: The information provided above is just estimation. It is advisable to check the official website at http://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx for exact information regarding any change in the syllabus of NEET 2021.
Best Subject-wise Books for NEET 2021
If you are still looking for the best study materials for It has been observed that the students always get confused when it’s about preparing from the best study material. But don’t worry now; you can simply check the subject-wise list for preparation of NEET 2021 which is mentioned below:
- Concepts for Physics by HC Verma
- GRB publication books
- Textbook for inorganic chemistry by R.K.Gupta
- Elementary problems of organic chemistry by Himanshu Pandey
- Physical Chemistry book by OP Tandon
- Objective biology by KN Bhatia
- Objective NCERT by MTG Editorial Board
Note: There is no denial that the above mentioned books are one of the best among hundreds of sources. But before diving into the in-depth knowledge provided by these books, students should go through the NCERT Books at least thrice.
Online Study Sources for NEET 2021
Due to the advent of technology in terms of providing education online, the majority of the students are shifting to the online mode of education. It not only provides flexibility but it’s also quite affordable. Moreover, one-on-one classes with various educators can further clear the concepts in a comprehensive way.
There are plenty of online platforms providing the best education. Aspirants should check them as per their requirements. But still a list of some of the best platforms for NEET 2021 preparation is mentioned below:
- Gate Indian Institute of Tutorials
Aspirants can book trial class on any of these platforms before submitting the complete fee. It will help them to understand whether they are able to grasp the concepts or not.
This will help the student to understand their ranks at different levels and give some idea regarding whether they may appear for counseling or not.
There is still uncertainty regarding NEET 2021 exam in terms of syllabus as well as release of application forms. However, it is rest assured that the exam will definitely be conducted. Candidates should advise to focus on their preparation and revision at the moment. If there are any changes in the syllabus, that will be notified soon. It is the best time for revision which should be supplemented with weekly Mock Tests.
Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright